EAI ArtsIT 2023 invites Poster submissions that address innovative and important topics related to Main Track – ArtsIT topics. The conference will be held as an on-site conference and, if needed, accepted authors who are unable to attend the event in person will be given the option to present remotely.
The objective of this track is to provide the PhD students with a platform to share their ideas and research works and get comments and suggestions from the international audience. We encourage the authors to use the Posters venue as a way to open up discussions with the scientific community about their early work in progress and develop the work for future publication and innovation. Posters aim at reporting on the progress of ongoing research and insights into the lessons learned from the most recent and current projects.
The ArtsIT conference brings together a wide array of cross-/inter-/trans-disciplinary researchers, practitioners, artists, and academia to present and discuss the symbiosis between art (in its widest definition) and information technology applied in a variety of distinct fields. Since 2009 ArtsIT has become acknowledged as a leading scientific forum for the dissemination of cutting-edge research results in the intersection between art, science, culture, performing arts, media, and technology. The role of artistic practice using digital media is also to serve as a tool for analysis and critical reflection on how technologies influence our lives, culture, and society. ArtsIT is therefore not only a place to discuss technological progress but also a place to reflect on the impact of art and technology on sustainability, responsibility, and human dignity. Besides the main track, the event also focuses on the advances seen in diverse areas that have significantly contributed to the field in the last years, namely, Digital Musical Interfaces, virtualization and artificial intelligence with special sessions.
We seek novel, innovative, and exciting work in areas including but not limited to:
- Artificial Intelligence & Big Data;
- Audio Art & Sonification;
- Digital Artworks Addressing the Sustainable Development Goals or other such contemporary topics;
- Digital Cultural Heritage;
- Digital Musical Interfaces;
- Games & Gamification;
- Human Computer & Human Robot Interaction;
- Information visualization;
- Interactive Art & Interactive Installations;
- Media Art;
- Metaverse, Avatars & Presence;
- Virtual Reality, Augmented Reality & Performance;
- Virtual Worlds & Practices
Poster Track Chair
Centro ALGORITMI, engageLab – Universidade do Minho, Portugal
All registered papers will be submitted for publishing by Springer and made available through SpringerLink Digital Library: ArtsIT Conference Proceedings.
ArtsIT proceedings are indexed in leading indexing services, such as Web of Science, Compendex, Scopus, DBLP, EU Digital Library, Google Scholar, IO-Port, MathSciNet, Inspec, and Zentralblatt MATH.
All accepted authors are eligible to submit an extended version in a fast track of:
Additional publication opportunities:
- EAI/Springer Innovations in Communications and Computing Book Series
(titles in this series are indexed in Ei Compendex, Web of Science & Scopus)
Poster submissions should be:
- Short Papers (publication in Springer – LNICST) – a minimum of 6 to a maximum of 11 pages including references, figures, tables, and an appendix. Note that submissions are accepted only in PDF format. Please note that a shorter version of already published work will be rejected. Short Papers will be included in the conference proceedings for a Local/ International registration fee.
- Extra Short Papers (without publication, only presentations at the conference) – a minimum of 2 to a maximum of 4 pages including references, figures, tables, and an appendix. Note that submissions are accepted only in PDF format. Extra Short Papers will be not included in the conference proceedings and will be for the Student registration fee.
The poster will be peer-reviewed and rated for acceptance using the following criteria:
- Relevance to conference vision/topics and attendees
- Applicability of the project in real-world scenarios
- Potential to bring in participants to the conference from different audiences
- The overall quality of the contribution
- Provides a hands-on, collaborative, and/or active learning environment for attendees
Full Paper Submission deadline
1 September 2023
20 September 2023
20 October 2023
Start of Conference
27 November 2023
End of Conference
29 November 2023